Job Title: Documentation/Technical Writer
Location: Fishers, IN
Visa: USC Only
We are looking for Documentation/Technical Writer role in Fishers Indiana with 7+ years of experience. Please share profiles of US citizen only as this is client requirement due to nature of the role.
The Documentation/Technical Writer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of documentation such as instructional guides, reference manuals, job aids such as systems and technical design templates, handbooks and reports.
1. Plan, develop, organize, write and edit technical manuals
2. Research, develop and document technical design specifications
3. Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
4. Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
5. Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
6. Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
7. Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
1. Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related area; equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for education.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Technical Writer. General experience includes increasing responsibilities in operations or information systems analysis and design.
3. Strong problem solving and analytical ability. Needs to be able to assimilate, organize, and summarize large amounts of technical information, recognize the gaps, and ask questions to fill in the missing information.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills to include documentation, meeting facilitation, ability to tailor information based upon the audience, and negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
5. Basic project management skills with the ability to self-manage and work on multiple assignments given changing priorities.
6. Customer service attitude and willingness to work in a team-oriented environment.
7. Experience with using a formalized software development lifecycle methodology or an Agile framework.
8. Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, and SharePoint.
1. US Citizen only
2. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with 3+ years of experience collaborating with business owners to define and translate needs into business requirements and technical solutions.
3. Excellent oral and written communication.
4. Ability to grasp technology quickly and/or a willingness to learn
5. Ability to interact with Subject Matter Experts
Nice to Have:
1. Experience with Higher Education Student Loan Industry.
2. Experience with content management
3. Experience with web publishing of documentation