Job Title: ETL Developer
Location: Armonk , NY
1. In-depth SQL programming knowledge - partitioning, indexing, tuning knowledge, stored procedure, views
2. Good acquaintance with DW concepts – start, snowflake schema, facts, dimensions, KPI, load strategies, surrogate keys, business keys, slowly changing dimensions, staging layer, information layer, analytic layer, data loading concepts
3. Data model – Understanding of data model, OLTP, OLAP, Normalized and de-normalized schema, users
4. Deep ETL concepts – Tool can be anything but should have deep knowledge in that. Should handle complex transactions like folder traversing, transaction handling, logging, auditing, error handling, data versioning with the tool, deployment concepts
5. Azure Knowledge – Knowledge in various Azure PAAS offerings e.g. ADLS, Azure BLOB, Batch Service, Azure Data factory V1, Key Vaults etc.
6. Code repository and versioning concepts
7. Programming concepts in C#
Good to have:
8. VSTS deployment and integration methods
9. Azure Analysis Service knowledge
10. C# knowledge
Should be able to appreciate the challenges and design ETL jobs for the fixes, compartmentalizing the steps to enable re-usability, re-structuring, scaling up and down of the jobs.
- Have hands-on knowledge in SQL, Azure Paas offerings , ETL
- Code repository and maintenance,Deployment.