Sr. Scrum Master
Location: Dover, NH
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team with self-organization mechanisms and best practices
- As a Servant Leader you are responsible for impediment removal; working with the right person(s) or portion of the organization to remove impediments, or guiding the team to remove impediments themselves
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged; with an emphasis on problem-finding and problem-solving
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, and delivery of committed work goals
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Delivering cross team metrics and dashboards to facilitate continuous improvement and transparency to the rest of the organization.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organization; define approach/strategy to grow that maturity level, and deliver on it
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge and/or experience with wide variety of successful Agile practices, including: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Ceremony facilitation, etc.
- Experience with a variety of techniques for coaching teams towards continuous improvement
- Applicable knowledge/understanding of one or more of the technologies and disciplines used by the team includingbut not limited to: C++, Java, .Net, Solr, SQL and AWS
- Applicable knowledge of one or more of the disciplines/domains our teams specialize in, including: Mobile Applications; Web Site Development; API development; Salesforce development
- Experience in enabling and growing collaboration across multiple development teams (both co-located and distributed)
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and mentoring skills
Required Education and/or Experience
- 7+ years in Software Development environment
- 4+ years working in an Agile and/or Lean Software environment
- 4+ years working as in a Scrum Master/Agile Leader role (or equivalent) with a Software Development or Information Technology team that diligently applied Agile principles, practices, and theory
- Experience with a variety of methodologies based on Agile or Lean/Pull foundation
- Experience with one or more ALM tools (e.g. TFS, JIRA, CA/Rally, VersionOne, etc.)