Role: Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM Payroll Business
Duration: Long Term
Contract: C2C/ W2
The Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM Payroll Business
Analyst will be responsible for the following areas:
- Seek deep understanding of our customers and our
technology through data and a continuous learning mindset
- Manage (define, architect and re-engineer) business
process models based on the requirements
- Follow industry trends and implement best practices to
improve business processes
- Facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to
determine business requirements and review documentation
- Act as an advisor to the business on areas of risk in application
configurations, possible improvements, efficiency, optional methods and
- Present solutions to management in a clear, concise
manner via whiteboard and PowerPoint.
- Partner with project managers and other business
analysts to review and understand business requirements, recommend
solutions, and provide level of effort estimates to complete
configurations or personalization’s to the application.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications.
- Ensure program code is written according to documented
software development processes and standards (SDLC)
- Perform impact analysis and collaborate with other team
members within IT and the business before production changes are made.
- Prepare and obtain approval for system and programming
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical production issues
with Oracle Cloud platform.
- Manage Technical tasks of offshore Production support
resources as well as third party vendors
- Provides technical review advice to IT Leads and staff,
and as necessary to end users and the general user community.
- Reviews and ensures conformance with standards,
policies and procedures involved with or related to the delivery of Pike
- Work with business to develop testing scenarios and
test scripts and leading teams in unit, integration and acceptance testing
- Create and maintain strong positive relationships with
colleagues across the organization and adopt/leverage from other
application support teams. Provide guidance to the team on functional and
technical in resolving production incidents within pre-defined SLAs.
- Create and maintain system/application documentation
(requirements, processes, procedures)
- Advise management on roadmap for Application
enhancements, identification, implementation of new, advanced functionalities
and new modules - Finance (Account Payables, Account Receivables, General
Ledger, Fixed Assets), Talent Management Human Resources, Payroll, Project
- Solid technical understanding of Oracle Cloud
architecture and data model and Multi-Org concepts.
- Oracle Applications development experience, including
Reports, Customization, Interfaces, and Extensions.
- Big picture view, with ability to understand the
details of business needs, processes, and information flows through the
- Prior experience working in organizations to support IT
services provided to internal/external clients
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and source
- Business intelligence and reporting experience (Hyperion
or similar product) considered an asset.
- Experience as a Software developer
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information
technology or related field with 7+ years’ experience of Oracle
Applications programming and analysis experience on a variety of technical
projects (implementation and support)
- Experience with any or all of the following: XML, BI
Publisher, Workflow, Web Services, Oracle BI tools, SOA, SQL, PL/SQL, OAF,
personalization’s, and workflows
- Experience with one or more Oracle Cloud modules;
Finance, HR, Projects, Payroll is a must.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience on Oracle Cloud SaaS
with HCM/PAY, FIN and PPM or with Oracle eBusiness suite experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with expertise
in large-scale, enterprise software that requires high performance,
scalability, and redundancy, during which both hands-on and leadership
capabilities have been clearly demonstrated
- Troubleshooting skills for technical and functional
issues related to the Oracle Applications.
- Proactively work and resolve Service Requests in
collaboration with Oracle Support, as required
- Must have legal right to work in the US.
NOTE: This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other
related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.